This Week in Amateur Radio #1015
Release Date: August 11, 2018
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This week’s edition is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too the week) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:11:44
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1015
Trending stories in this weeks news service:
1. LATE BREAKING: NIST FY 2019 Budget Would Eliminate WWV and WWVH
2. Hamvention Officials Say No New Building for 2019
3. Microwave Update 2018 Issues Call for Papers
4. Great Lakes HamCon 2018 has been Cancelled
5. Sunspot Cycle more intricate than previously thought
6. Amateur Radio Emergency Service Volunteers Assist in California Fire Response
7. VP6D Ducie Island 2018 DXpedition Receives ARRL Colvin Award
8. Launch of Eshail-2 with First Phase 4 Amateur Transponders Expected Later this Year
9. ARRL Comments in Strong Opposition to Part 15 Modification Petition Affecting 5 GHz
10. ARRL Board of Directors’ Committee Seeks Input for Proposed ARES Strategic Plan
11. 4U1UN UN Amateur Radio Club Operation Could Resume Later this Year
12. FCC Stands Behind $15,000 Fine Against Alleged California Pirate
13. Congress Focused On Pirate Radio Operator Hunting
14. New US Submarine Forces Commander is Radio Amateur
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: What Is In Your Amateur Radio Tool Box? HamVention Talk by Ken Bailey, K1FUG
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
Update On The ARRL Grid Chase Contest
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes for you to legally
identify your station.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too on your favorite digital device. You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device directly from our own web site. Visit us today at www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio. Or, send an email to our Executive Producer at email@example.com.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.