This Week in Amateur Radio #1014
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This week’s edition is anchored by Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Amy Jo Clark, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too this week) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:18:39
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1014
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Award Recipients Named by ARRL Board of Directors
2. Ruth Willet, KM4LAO, is 2018 Hiram Percy Maxim Memorial Award Recipient
3. QST Antenna Design Competition Submission Deadline Looms
4. AMSAT OSCAR Number Administrator Bill Tynan, W3XO, Steps Down
5. ARRL Board Adopts Volunteer Monitoring Program; Official Observer Program to be Retired
6. Other Topics Covered At The Recent ARRL Board Meeting
7. ARRL 2017 Annual Report Focuses on Hurricane Response
8. FCC Cites Baofeng Importer for Illegally Marketing Unauthorized RF Devices
9. Baker Island Top Band Operator Offers Observations
10. Packet Radio to return to the International Space Station by years end
11. Art Bell, W6OBB/SK Died From Accidental Prescription Overdose
12.FCC proposes $18,000 fine in a Louisanna amateur radio interference case
13. NASA Johnson Space Center special event on the air till years end
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Bob Bruniga, WB4APR On Alternative Energy – Part TWO
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes for you to legally
identify your station.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too on your favorite digital device. You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device directly from our own web site. Visit us today at www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio. Or, send an email to our Executive Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.