This Week in Amateur Radio #1013
Here is a summary of the news trending this week, July 28, 2018. This week’s edition anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too the week) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:03:35
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1013
Trending stories in this weeks news service:
1. Astro-Ham Alexander Gerst, KF5ONO, Jams with Kraftwerk for Festival Audience
2. RSGB: Ham Radio May Be at the Dawn of its Greatest Era
3. Thailand Reported to Have the Third Largest Ham Radio Population
4. Broadcast-Quality Audio Processor Donated to W1AW
5. International Lighthouse and Lightship Weekend Welcomes First-Time Lights
6. FCC Proposes $18,000 Fine in Louisiana Amateur Radio Interference Case
7. Significant Changes in Store for FT8 and MSK144 with WSJT-X Version 2.0
8. Parity Act Options Open Despite Removal from Defense Authorization Act Conference Report
9. Ducie Island VP6D Team Awaiting its Turn at Baker Island KH1/KH7Z Radios
10. ARRL Exhibits for First Time at AirVenture Oshkosh 2018
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Bob Bruniga, WB4APR On Alternative Energy – Part One
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes for you to legally
identify your station.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too on your favorite digital device. You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device directly from our own web site. Visit us today at www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio. Or, send an email to our Executive Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.