This Week in Amateur Radio #1012
Here is a summary of the news trending this week, July 21, 2018. This week’s edition anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too the week) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:37:05
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1012
Trending stories in this weeks news service:
1. Special RAIN Interview with Thomas Hood NW7US On Amateur Radio, Propagation and Solar Forecasting
2. Jack Gerbs, WB8SCT, Appointed General Chairman for Hamvention 2019
3. WRTC 2018 Teams Produce Amazing Contact Totals Despite Poor Conditions
4. Final Preparations Under Way for Youth on the Air 2018 in South Africa
5. Radio Shack Express Stores to Open in HobbyTown USA Locations
6. US ARDF Champions Prepare for International Competition in Korea
7. Slovenia Gains 60-Meter Band Allocation
8. RSGB Creates New Volunteer Observers Cadre in UK
9. NASA launches new television channel for Roku
10. NASA debuts Online Toolkit to promote commercial use of satellite data
11. Radio amateur to pay $7000. fine, face restricted privileges, to settle FCC Case
12. CASSIOPE spacecraft listened in on Field Day 2018
13. Canadian radio amateurs petition Parliment to help end deliberate interference case
14. An FCC Administrative Law Judge terminates a long standing amateur radio license renewal case
15. The ARRL Contest Branch announces recent contest results
16. The IARU posted results from its Emergency Communications meeting in Germany
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY – OFF AIR THIS WEEK
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
RAIN: Amateur Radio, Proagation and moer with Thomas Hood NW7US
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige KK5DO
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report w/ WB8IMY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes for you to legally
identify your station.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too on your favorite digital device. You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device directly from our own web site. Visit us today at www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio. Or, send an email to our Executive Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.