This Week in Amateur Radio #1010 / 1011 Combined Editions
Here is a summary of the news trending this week, July 14, 2018. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too the week) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:31:46
Trending stories in this weeks news service:
1. Radio Amateur to Pay $7,000, Face Restricted Privileges to Settle FCC Interference Case
2. CASSIOPE Spacecraft Listens In on 2018 ARRL Field Day
3. Ofcom Announces Licence free use of 57-66 GHz In The UK
4. Baker Island KH1/KH7Z DXpedition Now Off the Air
5. Excitement Builds for World Radiosport Team Championship 2018
6. World JOTA-JOTI Registration Now Open
7. ARISS-Russia SSTV Transmissions Continue
8. ARRL Urges Regulatory Regime to Keep Non-Amateur Satellites off Amateur Spectrum
9. FCC Administrative Law Judge Dismisses Radio Amateur’s Long-Standing License Renewal Application
10. AMSAT-NA files comments on FCC Docket
11. ARRL Volunteer Examiner Team in Australia Holds First Tech Test Session under New Element 2 Q-Pool
12. Canadian Radio Amateurs Petition Parliament to End Deliberate Interference
13. BIRDS-2 Constellation CubeSats Transported to ISS for August Deployment
14. WRTC 2018 Call Signs Will Be Y81A through Y89U
15. Radio Technology Designed by Radio Amateur Used in Thailand Cave Rescue
16. Contest Branch Reports ARRL International DX Contest Phone Results Posted, Other News
17. ARRL Represented at IEEE Symposium in Boston
18. WB8IMY Interview with Bart Jahke W9JJ on International Grid Chase Status
Plus these Special Features This Week:
National Grid Chase Contest Update with Steve Ford WB8IMY and Bart Jahnke, W9JJ
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY – “Why hams can’t drive down Weaver Street”
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
RAIN: A look at the 220 band in “220 Notes” with Art Reese K9XI
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige KK5DO
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report w/ WB8IMY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes for you to legally
identify your station.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too on your favorite digital device. You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device directly from our own web site. Visit us today at www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio. Or, send an email to our Executive Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.