This Week in Amateur Radio #1007
Here is a summary of the news trending this week, June 16, 2018 This week’s edition is anchored by Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Amy Jo Clark, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too the week) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:42.55
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1007
Trending stories in this weeks news service:
1. CAMSAT Offers More Details on New Satellites, One Carrying HF Transponders
2. Iranian Radars Showing Up on 10 Meters
3. Selection of Schools/Groups to Host Contacts with Space Station Narrowed to Seven
4. Reverse Beacon Network Beta Testing Separate Spot Stream for FT8
5. A Fresh Voice for Broadcast Reporter Jamie Dupree, NS3T
6. Canadian Radio Amateurs Petition Parliament to End Deliberate Interference
7. Space Station Digital Amateur Radio TV System Transmitter Determined to be Defective
8. ARRL/TAPR Digital Communications Conference Invites Technical Papers
9. Swedens SAQ Announces Annual Alexanderson Day VLF Transmission on July 1st
10. Attendance Dips at Friedrichshafen’s HAM RADIO 2018
11. FCC proposes a 2.8 million dollar fine against HobbyKing for non-compliant drone transmitters
12. Politico article raises the visiability of the Amateur Radio Parity Acts progress and challenges in Congress
13. FCC denies petition from radio amateur preventing interference from digital to analog repeaters
14. MARS urges its members to exclusively use computers that are air-gapped from the internet
15. Sailor is grateful for the Maritime Mobile Service Net assistance in time of need
Plus these Special Features This Week:
National Grid Chase Contest Update with Steve Ford WB8IMY and Bart Jahnke, W9JJ
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY – “Fallen Flags – Hallicrafters”
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
RAIN: Part Two of The Amsat Forum from the 2018 Xenia HamVention
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige KK5DO
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report w/ WB8IMY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes for you to legally
identify your station.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too on your favorite digital device. You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device directly from our own web site. Visit us today at www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio. Or, send an email to our Executive Producer at email@example.com.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.