This Week in Amateur Radio #1003
Here is a summary of the news trending this week, May 19, 2018. This weeks edition, is anchored by Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Fred Fittee, NF2F, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:37:55
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1003
Trending stories in this weeks news service:
1. Cuba’s Operation Meteor will Involve Amateur Radio
2. Maritime Radio Historical Society’s Museum Station K6KPH is Back
3. Maritime Radio Historical Society’s Museum Station K6KPH History
4. Scouts BSA Program Change Expected to Enhance Ham Radio Opportunities for Young Women
5. Last Man Standing Moving to Fox Network
6. Informal Amateur Radio Nets Being Maintained in Wake of Volcanic Eruptions in Hawaii
7. National Hurricane Center’s WX4NHC will be On the Air for Annual Station Test
8. ARRL to Show Off Ham Radio at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2018
9. Hamvention to Use AM Information Radio Station to Communicate with Inbound Traffic
10. ARISS Kicking Off 2018 Fundraising Effort at Hamvention
11. Puerto Rico Radio Amateurs Honored by Lawmakers on el Día del Radioaficionado
12. Solar Eclipse QSO Party Research Results Published in Geophysical Research Letters
13. FT8 Activity Bumping Up at Some Expense to Other Modes
14. Amateur Radio Parity Act language is inserted into the National Defense Authorization Act
15. Norway amateurs get 2×1 callsigns
16. Space Station digital amateur television signal is not being seen on the ground
17. Mike Corey KI1U ARRL Emergency Manager interview with KD1ICY
18. Reports from the floor of HamVention 2018
Plus these Special Features This Week:
On The Rails with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
RAIN: What’s New At HamVention 2018 w/Brian Martlen N8UDQ
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige KK5DO
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
WB8IMY/ARRL status update on the National Grid Chase Contest
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube via computer, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.