This Week in Amateur Radio #1002
Here is a summary of the news trending this week, May 12, 2018 This week’s edition is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:35:59
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1002
Trending stories in this weeks news service:
1. ARRL Executive Committee hears updates on the Parity Act, various FCC Petitions, and Small Satellites
2. An amateur radio enforcement case attracks the attention of the FCC Commissioner
3. The ARRL Executive Committee hears a status report on the Official Observer Program
4. HamVention organizers increase information efforts via text and social media
5. Third Public Test of FT8 DXpediton Mode Deemed a Success
6. RSGB Hosting Launch of UK New National Health Service Amateur Radio Station
7. ARRL Asks FCC to Protect Amateur Radio Millimeter-Wave Bands
8. ARRL Announces 2018 QST Antenna Design Competition
9. ARRL Foundation Announces New Endowed Scholarship
10. Nevada Governor issues amateur radio proclamation
11. Space Station Digital Amateur Television Signal Not Being Seen on the Ground
12. Iowa National Guard Exercise Pushes Communications Interoperability Boundary
13. Norway Introduces 2 × 1 Contest Call Signs
14. Three CubeSats with Amateur Radio Payloads Deployed from ISS
15. Amateur Radio Parity Act Language Inserted in National Defense Authorization Act
Plus these Special Features This Week:
On The Rails with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
RAIN: W5KUB Streaming hours of the HamVention Live
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige KK5DO
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
WB8IMY/ARRL status update on the National Grid Chase Contest
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube via computer, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.