This Week in Amateur Radio #1000
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. April 28, 2018 This weeks edition, is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Amy Jo Clark, Fred Fitte, NF2F, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:36:41
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWiAR1000
Trending stories in this weeks news service:
1. The Royal Mint to Host June Amateur Radio Special Event
2. Hams on Dominica Conduct Preparedness Field Day in Advance of Hurricane Season
3. International Amateur Radio Regulatory Developments Announced
4. D-STAR ONE Phoenix Declared Lost, More D-STAR CubeSats Planned
5. Look for Ham Radio 2.0 Innovation and Discovery at Hamvention
6. Logbook of The World has Online Status Monitor
7. JK Antennas Donates 40-Meter Yagi Antenna to W1AW
8. FCC Releases Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on Small Satellites
9. Annual Armed Forces Day Crossband Communication Test Set for Saturday, May 12th
10. New ARRL Santa Barbara Section Manager Starts Early
11. ARRL Raises Amateur Radio’s Profile at 2018 National Association of Broadcasters Convention
12. Hamvention 2018 live stream on the net.
Plus these Special Features This Week:
On The Rails with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
RAIN: new FT8 drone operating in the Pacific Ocean, that you can work!
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige KK5DO
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
SPECIAL: Ancient Amateur Archives/The Random Access File with Bill Continelli, W2XOY and Bill Baran N2FNH
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube via computer, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.