This Week in Amateur Radio #988
Here is a summary of the news trending the week of February 3, 2018.
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. February 03, 2018 This weeks edition, is anchored by,Amy Jo Clark, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:26:11
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR988
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Canadian Radio Amateur Finds Resurrected NASA Satellite
2. Anticipated New Building Won’t Be Ready for Hamvention 2018, but Flea Market Could Expand
3. ARRL to Offer Expanded Orlando HamCation Presence February 9-11
4. Work Progressing to Incorporate CQ Magazine’s WAZ Award Program into LoTW
5. Dominica Post-Disaster Needs Assessment Cites Amateur Radio’s Role post Maria
6. USA ARDF Championships Set for June 13-17 in California
7. Elon Musk’s SpaceX will launch a sculpture so we can all see art in space
8. Senator praises role of amateur radio operators
9. ARRL Comments on Technological Advisory Council Spectrum Policy Recommendations
10. ARRL Suggests FCC May Need to Intervene to Ensure Effective Antenna Rights
11. Bouvet Island So Near, Yet So Far Away
12. ARRL Hudson Division Director Promotes Amateur Radio Parity Act Before Senate Committee
13. Kristen McIntyre, K6WX, Appointed ARRL Pacific Division Vice Director
14. Volunteers Invited to Assist in 2018 Boston Marathon
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Dayton Hamvention talk by Brandon Palquin from NOAA on Amateur Radio/NOAA Interaction
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige KK5DO
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube via computer, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.