This Week in Amateur Radio #987
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. January 27, 2018. This weeks edition, is anchored by, Wayne Nelms,N3LMS, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:18:49
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR987
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Board Re-Elects Rick Roderick, K5UR, as ARRL President; Barry Shelley, N1VXY, is CEO-Elect
2. AREDN Donates Mesh Networking Equipment to ARRL
3. Mode Usage Evaluation: 2017 was the Year When Digital Modes Changed Forever
4. ARRL Board of Directors Agrees to Review of Conduct Code for Directors
5. Amendment to ARRL DXCC Rules Will Expand DXCC List
6. Co-Launched CubeSats Settling Into Orbits, Missions
7. Secretive Numbers Stations Persist on HF
8. Kristen McIntyre, K6WX, Appointed ARRL Pacific Division Vice Director
9. Fox-1D (AO-92) Now Commissioned, Open for Amateur Use
10. Puerto Rico, US Virgin Island Amateurs are International Humanitarian Award Winners
11. Nominations Solicited for Six ARRL Awards
12. ARISS Space Station APRS Packet System Currently Off Line
13. ARRL Hudson Division Director Promotes Amateur Radio Parity Act Before Senate Committee
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Opinions and commentary with QZB
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige KK5DO
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube via computer, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.