This Week in Amateur Radio #986
Week of January 20, 2018
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. January 20, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:20:27
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR986
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Two More US Educational Organizations Move into Phase 2 of ARISS Selections
2. Permanent WSPR beacon in Antarctica Now on the Air
3. Department of Defense Interoperability Communication Exercise Deemed a Succes
4. Florida Ham Radio Club Aids Homeless During Cold Snap
5. Registration Now Open for HamSCI Workshop Aimed at Hams and Space Science/Weather Researchers
6. Auction of spectrum in the 2.3 and 3.4 GHz bands In The U.K.
7. ARRL CEO Tom Gallagher, NY2RF, announces his retirement
8. FCC Approves WattUp Long-Range Wireless Charging
9. WKRP In Cincinnati Creator Hugh Wilson SK
10. Congress Wants In On Fake EAS Investigation.
11. ARRL Board of Directors to Meet this weekend
12. FCC Announces Plans for Partial Government Shutdown
13. Theme for 2018 HamVention announced.
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- RAIN: A gem from the RAIN archive entitled My Early Days by broadcaster Dick Helton, W9CTY
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige KK5DO
- Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube via computer, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.