This Week in Amateur Radio #985
Here is a summary of the news trending the week of January 13, 2018.
This weeks edition is anchored by, George B, W2XBS, Fred Fitte, NF2F, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:12:25
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR985
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. NCVEC Releases New Technician License Question Pool into the Public Domain
2. FEMA Region 10 Communication Exercises Will Make Use of 60 Meters
3. Fox-1D Satellite Set to Launch this Week, China to Launch Five New CubeSats
4. Nominations Sought for Philip J. McGan Memorial Silver Antenna Award
5. FCC Cites Auto Dealership for Causing Harmful Interference to Cell Phone Site
6. Radio Amateurs Track Major East Coast Winter Storm
7. Indonesian Pirates on 7 MHz Heard in Europe
8. ZS8Z on Marion Island Off the Air, Science Team in Survival Mode
9. Theme For 2018 HamVention Is Announced
10. Club Group Will Operate W1AW for Winter Field Day
11. FCC to Consider Cellphone ‘Geo-Targeting’ for Emergency Alerts
12. Second Annual AM Rally Special Event Set for February 2-4 Weekend
13. Quantum Radio may offer new twist on communicating in problematic conditions
14. California’s Thomas Fire response demonstrates amateur radios social media value
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: HamVention talk by Frosty Oden on mountain top repeaters
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige KK5DO
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.