This Week in Amateur Radio #984
Week of January 6, 2018
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. January 6, 2018. This weeks edition is anchored by, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Don Hulick, K2ATJ,and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:14:35
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR984
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Young Washington Radio Amateur Debuts Her Call Sign on HF, Hands Out Her Grid Square on Opening Day
2. Second Annual AM Rally Special Event Set for February 2-4 Weekend
3. Quantum Radio May Offer New Twist on Communicating in Problematic Environments
4. Thomas Fire Response Also Demonstrates Amateur Radio’s Social Media Value
5. Radio Amateurs of Canada, Radioamateur du Québec to Collaborate
6. Hamvention 2018 Tickets Now Available Online
7. Wisconsin FT8 Enthusiast Completes DXCC on New Mode
8. Thousands Getting Their Grids On!
9. Radio Amateur Receives Patent for “Cloaking” Technology
10. Large Donations Making Bouvet 3Y0Z DXpedition a Reality; Team Eager to Get Under Way
11. Urban Explorers’ Video Reveals Largely Unseen Side of Hara Arena
12. End of the telegram service
13. No Sunspots means challenging propagation
14. 98% pass rate for radio amateurs upgrading in Cuba
15. FCC Chairman Ajit Pai canceled his appearance at CES because of death threats
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: RFI in mobile and base installations with Gerry Stanford/N8YMP
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.