This Week in Amateur Radio #983 – Expanded Holiday Edition
Week of December 30, 2017
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. December 30, 2017. This week’s edition is
anchored by, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:29:38
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR982
Trending stories in this week’s bulletin service:
1. Alabama Governor Kay Ivey Makes Ham Radio Debut with State’s Bicentennial Call Sign
2. Norway Completes Transition to Digital Audio Broadcasting
3. Philippine Radio Amateurs Activate for Weather Emergencies
4. School Field Trip to The Gambia to Include DXpedition
5. New ARRL Section Manager Appointed in North Dakota
6. ARRL International Grid Chase Kicks Off with the New Year! Prepare to Get Your Grid On!
7. Urban Explorers’ Video Reveals Largely Unseen Side of Hara Arena
8. Radio Amateur Receives Patent for “Cloaking” Technology
9. Radio Amateurs Continue to Plumb the Spectral Depths
Plus these Special Features This Week:
HOLIDAY SPECIAL: Monologue with Jean Sheperd K2ORS (SK) FROM WOR Radio
The Grid Chase Challenge begins in two weeks with Steve Ford, WB8IMY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Special Announcement From Dayton HamVention and “A Hams Christmas”
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.