This Week in Amateur Radio #980
Week of December 9, 2017
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. Decemner 09, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by, Andre Wald, KC0MMY, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:13:12
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR980
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Ofcom Releases UK Amateur Radio License Stats
2. Amateur Radio-Carrying D-Star One CubeSat among Spacecraft Apparently Lost
3. FCC Dismisses Radio Amateur’s Petition to Revise Call Sign Rules
4. Status Report: The Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2017
5. 80 year-old Telefunken Transmitter takes to the air
6. FCC Seeks Comments on Technological Advisory Council Recommendations
7. World Wide Radio Operators Foundation Announces KP4 Generator Project
8. W1AW to Start Scheduled Transmissions on 6 Meters Beginning on January 2nd
9. IARU Region 1 and EURAO Presidents Meet
10. Changing of the International Space Station Guard Set for December 13th
11. Croatia Confirms New 60-Meter Allocation, Expanded 160-Meter Privileges
12. Report from India: Ham Radio Aids Rescue of Two Fishermen
13. Michigan Section Manager Appointment Begins on January 1st
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Talks given by presenters from Carol Perry’s Youth Forums at Dayton
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.