This Week in Amateur Radio #979
Week of December 2, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR979
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. Decemner 02, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:03:37
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Ofcom Releases UK Amateur Radio License Stats
2. Amateur Radio-Carrying D-Star One CubeSat among Spacecraft Apparently Lost
3. FCC Dismisses Radio Amateurs Petition to Revise Call Sign Rules
4. Status Report: The Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2017
5. Ulrich Rohde, N1UL, Receives Wireless Innovation Forum Leadership Award
6. JOTA Alive and Doing Well, Although 2017 Participation Down from Last Year
7. IARU Cites Progress Toward 50-MHz Region 1 Allocation
8. 80 year-old Telefunken Transmitter takes to the air
9. Ballots are counted in 2017 ARRL Director and Vice Director Elections
10. Year long special NASA special event kicks off on December 11th
11. SKYWARN Recognition Day is here.
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: The Amateur Radio Parity Act status Part Two with Mike Lisensco N2YBB
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.