This Week in Amateur Radio #978
Week of November 25, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR978
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. November 25, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB,Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:06:52
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. SKYWARN Recognition Day Webinar Set for November 27th
2. Year-Long NASA On The Air Event Kicks off on December 11th
3. Mysterious Signals Did Not Come from Missing Submarine
4. ARRL Board of Directors Publicly Censures Southwestern Division Director
5. ARRL Seeks Nominations for 2017 ARRL Bill Leonard Award
6. Michigan Section Manager Appointment Begins on January 1st
7. RadFxSat (Fox-1B) Launched Successfully, Designated AO-91Commissioned, Declared Open for Use
8. Ballots Counted in 2017 Director, Vice Director Election
9. IARU Cites Progress Toward 50-MHz Region 1 Allocation
10. Ajit Pai to remove barriers to wireless innovation at the FCC
11. Satellite Asgardia-1 Is To Be Knows As The Space-Kingdom-of-Asgardia
12. Radio Caroline Heard On 648 kHz as It Prepares Its Legal Return to Airwaves
13. US Court of Appeals Upholds Dismissal of Lawsuit in Ames v ARRL Case
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: The Amateur Radio Parity Act status Part One with Mike Lisensco N2YBB
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.