This Week in Amateur Radio #977
Week of November 18, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR977
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. November 18, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB,Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:11:04
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Software Defined Radio (SDR) Pioneer Vanu Gopal Bose is Dead at 52
2. US Court of Appeals Upholds Dismissal of Lawsuit in Ames v ARRL Case
3. Section Managers to Begin New Terms of Office on January First
4. German radio hams get 5 MHz band and 50 MHz extension
5. Iceland plans to end ham radio call sign discrimination
6. RadFxSat (Fox-1B) Launch Reset for November 18; More Foxes are on the Way!
7. International Grid Chase Will Allow Use of 630 and 2200 Meters
8. IARU Participation in ITU-Radiocommunication Consultations Called Mutually Beneficial
9. Satellite Asgardia-1 Is To Be Knows As The Space-Kingdom-of-Asgardia
10. Radio Caroline Heard On 648 kHz as It Prepares Its Legal Return to Airwaves
11. Ballots Counted in 2017 Director, Vice Director Election
12. A big contest weekend is on tap
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Part Two with Warren Pugh, KC9IL on Digital Modes and FT8
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.