This Week in Amateur Radio #976
Week of November 11, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR976
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. November 04, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB,Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, nd Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:19:58
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Canada C3 Voyage Carrying WSPR Concludes; Beacon May Remain Active on Return Trip
2. FCC Chairman Recognizes Amateur Radio in Praising those Assisting Puerto Rico
3. RadFxSat (Fox-1B) Launch Delayed; AMSAT Asks for Patience During Commissioning
4. Yasme Foundation Announces Excellence Awards and Supporting Grant
5. Announcing: The ARRL International Grid Chase!
6. Radio Amateurs in Spain, Argentina Gain New and Extended Bands
7. Emergency HF Net Convened in Colombia in Wake of Landslide, Flooding
8. Amateur Radio Volunteers Continue New York City Marathon Tradition
9. UK OFcom concerned over Wireless Power Transfer harmonics
10. Countdown to World Radiocommunication Conference 2019
11. ARRL Executive Committee Updated on Entry-Level License, Amateur Auxiliary Revision
12. Other Business Of The ARRL Executive Committee
13. New Digital Modes Changing Complexion of Bands and Perhaps of Ham Radio
14. Tennessee RadioShack Re-Opens, Partners with Local Ham Radio Club
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Part One with Warren Pugh, KC9IL on Digital Modes and FT8
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.