This Week in Amateur Radio #975
Week of November 4, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR975
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. November 04, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:13:16
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Tennessee RadioShack Re-Opens, Partners with Local Ham Radio Club
2. New BBC Amateur Radio Station G8BBC Officially Opened
3. American Red Cross Hails New Partnership with ARRL Following Puerto Rico Deployment
4. Joe Spier, K6WAO, Ascends to AMSAT-NA Presidency, Announces Next CubeSat Initiative
5. Major antenna manufacturer ends its production
6. 630-Meter Special Operating Event on November 11 Commemorates Berlin Treaty
7. CQ World Wide SSB Event Inaugurates Fall Contest Season
8. ARRL Executive Committee Updated on Entry-Level License, Amateur Auxiliary Revision
9. Other Business Covered at The ARRL Executive Committee
10. New Digital Modes Changing Complexion of Bands and Perhaps of Ham Radio
11. Department of Defense nationwide communications blackout drill sparks social media frenzy
12. The Wireless Institute of Australia proposes to “Reinvent” amateur radio
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Dayton 2017 Presentation Part Two with Mitch Stern, W2VU
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.