This Week in Amateur Radio #974
Week of October 28, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR974
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. October 28, 2017.This weeks edition is anchored by, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Fred Fittee, NF2F and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
** SPECIAL EXPANDED EDITION **
Running Time: 1:28:41
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
- Tennessee RadioShack Re-Opens, Partners with Local Ham Radio Club
- New BBC Amateur Radio Station G8BBC Officially Opened
- Communications Interoperability Training with Amateur Radio Community Set
- VY1AAA is a Go for ARRL November Sweepstakes
- QRZ DX and The DX Magazine Publisher Carl Smith, N4AA, SK
- FCC Seeks to Update Reporting, Notification Requirements
- FCC Does Away With Broadcasters Main Studio Rule In Party Line Vote
- Trump, Secretary Chao Announce Drone Integration Pilot Program
- The Terahertz spectrum
- ARRL Foundation Announces the New England Amateur Radio Festival Memorial Scholarship
- SSTV Goes Very High Profile
- Tiny LF Signal Makes the Hop from Newfoundland to the UK
- FCC scraps unused telegraph regulations in rules purge
- Carribbean Telecommunicaions Union head calls for a new generation of hams
- The new ham bads spring to life, veteran LF experimenter denied acces to 2200 meters
- Tiangong 1 – Out of control Chinese space station about to fall to earth
- The FCC isn’t happy with an Alabama broadcast pirate
- ARRL Sweepstakes is coming up, amateurs hoping for a “Clean Sweep”
- CW gets the message through in the wake of Hurricane Irma
- An interview with KL1U Emergencuy Preparations Manager returns from Puerto Rico
- The Wireless Institute of Australia proposes to “Reinvent” amateur radio
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Dayton 2017 Presentation Part One with Mitch Stern
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater!
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and
Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.