This Week in Amateur Radio #973
Week of October 21, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR973
Here is a summary of the news trending on this weeks program. October 21, 2017.This weeks edition is anchored by, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
*** SPECIAL EXPANDED EDITION **
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:27:28
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Caribbean Telecommunications Union Head Calls for a New Generation of Hams
2. WIA Issues statement on getting young people involved with “reinventing” amateur radio
3. Force of 50 Volunteers’ Puerto Rico Hurricane Recovery Mission Ends
4. Amateur Radio Facilitates Another Patient Evacuation on Puerto Rico
5. New Ham Bands Spring to Life; Veteran LF Experimenter Denied Amateur Access to 2200 Meters
6. California Wild Fire Situation is improving but continues
7. NCDXF Announces Major Support for Baker Island DXpedition
8. Global Effort Under Way to Restore Dominica’s Amateur Radio Capabilities
9. Tiangong 1: Out of control Chinese space station about to fall to Earth, expert says
10. Scientists in Alaska Attempt to Produce Artificial Aurora
11. The FCC is not happy with an Alabama radio pirate
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Interview (Part Two) with NY2RF Tom Gallagher
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater!
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and
Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.