This Week in Amateur Radio #971
Week of October 7, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR971
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. October 07, 2017.This weeks edition is anchored by, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ,Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:09:26
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. North Korea Said to be Aggressively Jamming BBC Korean Language Service
2. ARISS Moves One Step Closer to Flying New Ham Equipment to ISS
3. US Senate Confirms FCC Chairman Ajit Pai for a Second Term
4. The 60th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik 1, Earth’s first artificial satellite, was observed on Wednesday, October 4
5. World Radiosport Team Championship 2018 Announces 63 Teams to Compete Next July
6. World Maker Faire Visitors Urged to Build, Make, Create, Communicate
7. FCC Grants Temporary Waiver to Permit Higher Symbol Rate Data Transmissions
8. Ham Radio Volunteers in Puerto Rico Install Repeater, Work with Hospitals and Reunificatio
9. Hurricane Watch Net Eyeing Tropical Storm Nate
10. In Largest Penalty to Date, FCC Fines Both Pirate Operator and Property Owner
11. Belarus Fields World Champion Team to the 2017 High-Speed Telegraphy Competition
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: The Nut Starter
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater!
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and
Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.