This Week in Amateur Radio #970
Week of September 30, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR970
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. September 30, 2017.This weeks edition is anchored by, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
** SPECIAL EXPANDED EDITION ** TEAM COVERAGE OF PUERTO RICO
Running Time: 1:18:27
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. **SPECIAL REPORT ON NATIONAL MEDIA COVERAGE OF AMATEUR RADIO IN PUERTO RICO **
with stories from NPR, Fox61 in CT, and WTOP.
2. Amateur Radio Reports: Arecibo Observatory Dish Sustained Serious Damage from Maria
3. Amateur Radio Volunteers Aiding Storm-Ravaged Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands
4. Clubs Active in ARRL Contest Club Competitions Advised to Review Member Eligibility Lists
5. FalconSAT-3 Now Open for Amateur Radio Use
6. Radio Amateurs Volunteer to Support 2017 US Air Force Marathon
7. Round-the-World Flyer Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN, Recruiting Pilots for Dominica Airlift
8. Belarus Fields World Champion Team to the 2017 High-Speed Telegraphy Competition
9. Amateur Radio’s Force of Fifty Answers the Red Cross Call in Puerto Rico
10. In Largest Penalty to Date, FCC Fines Both Pirate Operator and Property Owner
11. IARU President: Traditional Aspects of Ham Radio May Not Be Attractive to Newcomers
12. Advisory: Requests for Information from the Public and the Press
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Interview with Rich Mosseson, W2VU editor of CQ Magazine (Part Two)
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater!
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and
Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.