This Week in Amateur Radio #967
Week of September 9, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR967
Running Time: 1:00:01
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #967 with a release and air date of September 09, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by,Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. President Trump welcomes home record-breaking NASA astronaut Peggy Whitson
2. FCC Technological Advisory Council Investigating Technical Regulations
3. New Pre-Release Version of WSJT-X Includes FT8 Changes and Improvements
4. NASA Invites CubeSat Launch Initiative Applications
5. FCC’s Updated Rules Governing Personal Radio Services Become Effective on September 28th
6. Estonia, Kenya Join 60-Meter Club
HURRICANE IRMA TEAM COVERAGE:
7. VoIP Hurricane Net to Activate
8. ARES Teams in Three West Central Florida Section Counties Ready to Support Shelters
9. Hurricane Irma Amateur Radio Emergency and Priority Traffic is Moving; Health & Welfare Traffic Queued For Later
10. — ARRL Establishes Hurricane Irma Hotline for ARRL Section Leadership
— Operating Procedures During Hurricane Irma
11. Emergency Net Activated in Wake of Earthquake in Mexico
12. Space Weather Prediction Center Says Solar Phenomena May Continue
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Amateur Radio Kit Building Part One with Joe Eisenburg N0NEB
Weekly Propagation Forecast
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.