This Week in Amateur Radio #965
Week of August 26, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR965
Running Time: 1:09:43
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #965 with a release and air date of, August 26, 2017.This weeks edition is anchored by, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hewlick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Hurricane Harvey Gains Strength, Comes ashore in Texas, Hurricane Watch and VoIP WX Nets Activate
2. Ham Hoping to Crowd-Fund Experimental Time at HAARP Facility
3. Radio Eritrea and Radio Ethiopia Still Battling on 40 Meters
4. Get with the SET: ARRL Simulated Emergency Test (SET) Fall Classic Just Ahead
5. Solar Eclipse QSO Party a Hit, Science Conclusions Await Additional Analysis
6. Director, Vice Director Elections Set in Three ARRL Divisions
7. ARRL VEC Conducts Another Antarctic Test Session
8. Revised NCVEC Form 605 Must Be Used at Exam Sessions Starting on August 21
9. Arctic radar to probe ‘space weather’
10. Driver’s license facial recognition tech leads to 4,000 New York arrests
11. Canada proposes implementing a 60 meter band while retaining discrete channels
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Interview with Pontotoc, MS. ham, Matt Hickman/AF5FM, trustee of what is reportedly the first solar-powered UHF repeater in Mississippi
Weekly Propagation Forecast
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.