This Week in Amateur Radio #960
Week of July 22, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR960
Running Time: 1:14:13
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #960 with a release and air date of, July 22, 2017.This weeks edition is anchoredby,Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hewlick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Fred Fitte, NF2F, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
This weeks program was produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. IARU Region 1 President Expresses Concern Regarding Spectrum Challenges in Europe
2. Revised FCC Form 605 Will Ask Applicants “the Felony Question
3. Ham Radio is There, as Honolulu Hosts a Successful 10th Annual Geek Meet
4. Amateur Radio Parity Act is Introduced in US Senate
5. New HAARP Research Campaign to Begin in September
6. Many Special Events Will Be on the Air to Mark the Total Solar Eclipse in August
7. WWV 25 MHz Signal Swapped to Circular Polarization, Reception Reports Invited
8. UK Telecoms Regulator Ofcom to Auction Former Amateur Radio Spectrum
9. Why the Navy Sees Morse Code as the Future of Communication
10. Alaska Broadcaster Faces Proposed $66K Fine From The FCC
11. FCC Eliminates RF Device Labeling Rules
12. Ham’s Round-the-World Flight to Resume Following Emergency Return to New Zealand
13. BIRDS-1 CubeSats Deployed from ISS, Carry Amateur Radio Payloads
14. EXCITING NEWS! Bill Continelli, W2XOY Announces His Return To This Week in Amateur Radio!
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.