This Week in Amateur Radio #958
Week of July 8, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR958
Running Time: 1:12:49
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #958 with a release and air date of, July 08, 2017.This weeks edition is anchored by, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hewlick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, and Jessica Bowen,KB2VWX.
This weeks program was produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Group Selected to Pursue DXpedition to Baker Island National Wildlife Refuge
2. FCC Crackdown on Pirate Broadcasters Targets at Least One More Amateur Licensee
3. Bouvet Island 3Y0Z DXpedition Organizers Planning for 14 to 16 Days on the Air
4. Belize, Cyprus, and Philippines Open 60-Meter Bands
5. Microwave Update 2017 Issues Call for Papers, Presentations
6. Band Plan Proposed for Eventual 472-479 kHz Use
7. WRTC 2018 Conducts New Round of Testing at 15 Sites
8. K2BSA will be On the Air during National Scout Jamboree
9. Canada C3 Expedition Award for Hams, SWLs, Announced
10. Ham Radio Aviator WB6RQN Reaches Approximate Half-Way Point of Round-the-World Flight
11. IARU Revises Satellite Coordination Guidelines to Align with WRC-15 Decisions
12. New ARRL Section Manager Appointed in Eastern New York
13. GB5RC – Live from the Ross Revenge, home of Radio Caroline
14. Amateur Radio Poised to Retain Full 76-81 GHz Band, Sharing with Vehicular Radars
15. Region 1 Intruder Watch Reports the Usual Suspects
16. ARRL CEO, Technical Relations Specialist Represent US at Pre-WRC-19 Session
17. President Names FCC General Counsel Brendan Carr to Fill Vacant Republican Seat
18. International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend Registrations Top 200 and Rising
19. ‘Observe’ August 21 eclipse with your AM radio
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN SPECIAL: Talk by Ron Gallager President/CEO ARRL
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.