This Week in Amateur Radio #957
Week of July 1, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR957
Running Time: 1:09:46
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #957 with a release and air date of, July 01, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hewlick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
This weeks program was produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. ARRL CEO, Technical Relations Specialist Represent US at Pre-WRC-19 Session
2. President Trump Names FCC General Counsel Brendan Carr to Fill Vacant Republican Seat
3. Boy Scouts’ Jamboree on the Air Announces Theme for 60th Annual Event
4. ARRL Foundation Announces Two New Scholarships
5. W8CDX Takes Field Day Back to its Roots, activates 1930’s equipment
6. Germany Welcomes the World to Friedrichshafen’s Ham Radio 2017
7. Pikes Peak ARES at Right Place, Right Time
8. Amateur Radio Poised to Retain Full 76-81 GHz Band, Sharing with Vehicular Radars
9. International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend Registrations Top 200 and Rising
10. Region 1 Intruder Watch Reports the Usual Suspects
11. RAC NEWS: Update on Distracted Driving: Consultations with Ontario Ministry of Transportation
12. IARU Aligns Satellite Coordination Guidelines with ITU WRC-15 Decisions
13. The ARRL to hosst 2017 Hurricane season webinar
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
The Random Access File with the late Bill Baran, N2FNH “The Future Is Here You Just Can’t See It”
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.