This Week in Amateur Radio #956
Week of June 24, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR956
Running Time: 1:10:16
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #956 with a release and air date of Field Day Weekend, June 24, 2017.This weeks edition is anchored by, Andre Wald, KC0MMY, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hewlick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
This weeks program was produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. FCC Chairman to Appoint New Enforcement Bureau Chief
2. ARRL to Sponsor 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Webinar
3. ARISS Commemorative SSTV Activity Planned for Mid-July
4. US Fish and Wildlife Service Okays Baker Island DXpeditions, with Strict Conditions
5. 13 Colonies Special Event Returns July 1-7
6. INSPIRE-2 Ground Controllers Turn to Amateur Radio, Rescue Stalled Satellite
7. Automotive industry embraces DAB+ radio
8. ARRL Public Relations Committee Chair Discusses Ham Club Public Relations / Outreach
9. FM broadcasting stations as VHF beacons
10. ‘Last Man Standing’ talks at Country Music Television break down
11. A New Jersey man faces a $25,000 fine from the FCC in a pirate radio case
12. Fifth annual experimental MF/LF outreach and demonstration happens this field day weekend
13. Vermont radio club (RANV) will be activation that states parks
14. FCC publishes changes to Part 97.
15. You coould work for the FCC – they are looking for a Chief Engineer
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli W2XOY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.