This Week in Amateur Radio #955
Week of June 17, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR955
Running Time: 1:11:05
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #952 with a release and air date of Saturday, June 17, 2017.This weeks edition is anchored by, Rich Lawrence KB2MOB, Don Hewlick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
This weeks program was produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Hamvention Reports Second-Largest Attendance Ever for 2017 Show
2. Federal Register Publishes New MF/LF Rules, But Operation is Not Yet Legal
3. President to Name Jessica Rosenworcel for New FCC Term
4. Quicker-Turnaround Digital Modes in Experimental Stage for WSJT-X Suite
5. Bear is Unwanted Volunteer, as ARES Team Supports Colorado Road Race
6. Hundreds of Stations Report Hearing WSPR Signal from Canada C3 Expedition
7. Spacecraft Probe to Listen for ARRL Field Day Signals
8. Fifth Annual Experimental MF/LF Outreach and Demonstration Set for Field Day Weekend
9. Amateur Radio Mesh Network Brought into Mix as Volunteers Assist in South African Fire Disaster
10. Vermont Radio Amateurs Putting Green Mountain State’s Parks on the Air
11. South African Telecoms Regulator Cancels 2,100 Ham Licenses
12. State and Local Governments Honor Amateur Radio in Advance of Field Day 2017
13. FCC Part 97 Ham Radio RuleChanges Published in the Fedderal Register
14. Iran radar back on 28960 kHz
15. FCC Keeps Up Pressure on Pirates With Additional Warnings
16. Scientists experimenting with roadways with built-in wireless charging.
Plus these Special Features This Week:
SPECIAL: 2003 Flashback with Bill Baran, N2FNH/SK
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.