This Week in Amateur Radio #948
Week of April 29, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR948
Running Time: 1:07:53
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #948 with a release and air date of Saturday, April 29, 2017.This weeks edition is anchored by, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hewlick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
This weeks program was produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Inaugural AM Rally a Hit! Participants Log Nearly 1,500 Contacts
2. FCC Personal Radio Service Revisions Will Affect GMRS, FRS, CB, Other Part 95 Devices
3. New FAA rules may require some 50-to-200-foot towers to be marked
4. New FCC web portal opens for 5G experimenters
5. Ohio Columnist Alerts Locals to Upcoming Ham “Invasion”
6. WRTC 2018 Plans Call for Greater Participation by Young Contesters
7. ISS Commander Peggy Whitson, ex-KC5ZTD, Sets New US Record for Time in Space
8. US Fish and Wildlife Service Seeks Comments on Baker Island DXpedition Compatibility
9. Upcoming Army MARS Communication Exercises Highlighted at Regional Conference
10. Armed Forces Dat crossband communications test is set for Saturday May 16th
11. Puerto Rico Radio amateurs take part in 2017 Carribean Tsunami Exercise
12. Spratly Islands DXpedition is postponed
13. The FCC proposes levying a huge fine on a New York City Police Department jammer
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli W2XOY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.