This Week in Amateur Radio #944
Week of April 1, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR944
Running Time: 1:10:30
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #944 with a release and air date of Saturday, April 1, 2017. This week’s edition is anchored by, George Bowen W2XBS, Rich Lawrence KB2MOB, Don Hulick K2ATJ, and Fred Fitte NF2F.
This week’s program was produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Trending stories in this week’s bulletin service:
1. New Bands! FCC Issues Amateur Radio Service Rules for 630 Meters and 2,200 Meters
2. STANAG 4285 Signal Showing Up on 40 Meters, Other Intruders Spotted
3. Talks on Possible 4U1UN Reactivation Continue
4. AMSAT Reschedules Fox Series Launches
5. Ham-Astronauts Engaging in Series of Spacewalks; Two Heading Home Soon
6. UK Museum Wants to Hear from Those Who Remember Sputnik Launch
7. Taking a look at technology the broadcasted a human voice…thousands of years ago!
8. Bob Heil K9EID talk on imfluence from ham radio in his career (from Hamvention 2010)
9. Ham Radio Outlet Closes Silicon Valley Store
10. Centennial of Amateur Radio Blackout for World War One Occurs on April 6th
11. NVIS Research Paper Available
12. The Netherlands Modifies 5 MHz Amateur Radio Privileges to Conform with WRC-15 Global Allocation
13. Motorola Solutions Sues Hytera Communications, Alleging Patent, Trade Secrets Theft
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.