This Week in Amateur Radio #941
Week of March 11, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR941
Running Time: 1:43:41
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #941 with a release and air date of Saturday, March 11, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Andre Wald, KC0MMY, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
This weeks program was produced and edited by W2XBS.
Trending stories in this weeks newscast:
1. President Trump Renominates Ajit Pai to New Five-Year FCC Term
2. Radio Shack Again Files for Bankruptcy
3. New FCC Chairman Declares First Phase of Pilot Transparency Project a Success
4. Cape Cod National Seashore to Host W1MGY Titanic Memorial Special Event
5. Three-Way Race Under Way for Southwestern Division Vice Director Slot
6. Puerto Rico Section, American Red Cross PR Chapter, Ink Memorandum of Understanding
7. More Countries Authorize 60-Meter Bands; Comments Due by March 20 on ARRL 5 MHz Petition
8. Former Business News Broadcaster Paul H. Kangas, W4LAA, SK
9. FCC Says That More Aggressive Action Needs To Be Taken On Pirate FM Broadcasters
10. Teen Radio Amateur to Activate Iceland on his Inaugural DXpedition
11. RSGB Says Regulator Ofcom is Not Resolving Interference Complaints
12. HamVention Announces Various Award Winners
13. ARISS to Swap Out Handheld VHF Transceivers on Space Station
14. RST-Suffix Special Event is Back
Plus these Special Features This Week:
The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli W2XOY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Special Talk By Former FCC Counsel Riley Hollingsworth
Special Report on Ham Radio (Lifted From NPR)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air as a bulletin service all across North America, and around the world on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.