This Week in Amateur Radio #939
Week of February 25, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR939
Running Time: 1:12:16
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #939 with a release and air date of Saturday, February 25, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by Andre Wald, KC0MMY, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
This weeks program was produced and edited by W2XBS.
Trending stories in this weeks newscast:
1. HAARP Goes Classical During New Experimental Campaign
2. Orlando HamCation a Hit, Posts New Attendance Record, and a world record.
3. MARS Refocuses Its Mission, Encrypts Data Nets
4. Winter Cycle Section Manager Election Results Announced
5. Homer V. Thompson, W4CWV, and Annette P. Thompson, W4LKM, Memorial Scholarship Endowed
6. ARISS Opens Window for Proposals to Host Contacts with Space Station Crew
7. SpaceX launch ham radio transceiver to ISS
8. FCC Eases Translator Siting Limit for AMs
9. Nebraska Amateurs get to sign /150 during celebration
10. FCC invites comments on the ARRL 5 Megahertz petition for rulemaking.
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Propagation Forecast with Doctor Tamitha Skov
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air as a bulletin service all across North America, and around the world on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.