This Week in Amateur Radio #938
Week of February 18, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR938
Running Time: 1:18:13
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #938 with a release and air date of Saturday, February 18, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
This weeks program was produced and edited by W2XBS.
Trending stories in this weeks newscast:
1. FCC Invites Comments on ARRL Petition to Allocate New 5 MHz Band
2. Campus Ham Radio Clubs Encouraged to Boost Vitality through Innovation
3. Amateur Radio Emergency Service Posts its 2016 Annual Report
4. Alaska’s HAARP Facility Once Again Open for Business
5. ARES Volunteers Support Evacuation, Shelters, in Wake of Oroville Dam Crisis
6. Mysterious Foghorn is Chinese Over-the-Horizon Burst Radar, and other intruders on the low bands
7. National Museum to Mark 75th Anniversary of Voice of America
8. FCC’s Pai on Broadcast TV: Keep It Clean
9. New Section Manager Appointed in Illinois
10. Field Day 2017 Packet is Now Available
11. Amateur Radio Population Shrinking in Australia
12. Freeport’s ‘Mr. Friday Night’ keeps ham radio operators coming back
Plus these Special Features This Week:
The Ancient Amateur Archives tells the tale of “The Old Salt Ham”, with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, looks at rooting your android device.
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB takes a look at Sunspots and their effect on Amateur Radio
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air as a bulletin service all across North America, and around the world on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.