This Week in Amateur Radio #937
Week of February 11, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR937
Running Time: 59:17
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #937 with a release and air date of Saturday, February 11, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Fred Fitte, NF2F, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
This weeks program was produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS
Trending stories in this weeks newscast:
1. ARRL Board of Directors Adopts Legislative Objectives for 115th Congress
2. ARRL Announces 2017 Teachers Institute on Wireless Technology
3. That Light at the End of the Tunnel: The ARRL International DX CW Contest is Just Ahead
4. Radio Australia Shortwave Station VL8A Signs Off in CW
5. Nayif-1 CubeSat with Amateur Radio Transponder Set to Launch on February 15
6. Artificial Intelligence to Control Spectrum Usage?
7. FCC Chairman: Enforcement Consent Decrees Must Get Okay from Full Commission
8. Slow-Scan TV Transmissions from International Space Station Planned
9. ARRL Board of Directors Names Award Recipients
10. ARRL Contributing Editor Ward Silver, N0AX, is 2016 Bill Orr Technical Writing Award Recipient
11. Another Outstanding Year For Amateur Radio Licensing in the United States
12. AM Rally is set For April 1st thru the 3rd. No Fooling!
Plus these Special Features This Week:
The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT.
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air as a bulletin service all across North America, and around the world on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.