Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for combined Editions #933 with a release and air date of Saturday, January 14, 2017. This weeks edition is anchored by Wayne Nelms, N3LMS, Wayne Rogers, W4WLR, and George Bowen ,W2XBS.
Trending stories in this weeks newscast:
1. Apparent Pirate Station Transmitting SSTV on 10 Meters
2. Nevada ARES Standing Down as Flood Threat Abates
3. GigaParts opens western United States distribution center in Las Vegas……retail showroom to open within months
4. VK amateurs wait for the full return of 6 metres
5. Voice of America celebrates 75 years of broadcasting in February 2017
6. Wondering how well your antenna works? WSPRlite with DXplorer will tell you
7. New Scouting Radio Merit Badge Program Announced
8. New Digital Modes Gain Traction for Moonbounce, but Occasionally Show Up on HF.
9. ARRL Asks FCC to Allocate New 5 MHz Band, Retain Channels and Current Power Limit
10. Illegal Drone Transmitters Could Interfere with Air Traffic Control, ARRL Complaint Asserts
11. Hamvention- Same Friends, New Home is Theme for 2017 Event
12. Warm Up with the January VHF Contest, January 21-23
13. The FCC dismisses petitions from two radio amateurs
14. YASME announces awards
15. New Hampshire’s Mount Washington Observatory has “The Worst Weather on Earth”.
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT.
Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY.
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Monthly Propagation Forecast with Doctor Tamitha Skov.
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air as a bulletin service all across North America, and around the world on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregates. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.