Edition # 925/926 – Release date: Saturday, November 26, 2016
This podcast is suitable for air on amateur radio frequencies.
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for combined Editions #925/926 with a release and air date of Saturday, November 26, 2016.
This week’s edition is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Wil Rogers, K5WLR, and by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Download here: https://archive.org/details/TWIAR925926HAM
Here are the stories making news … This Week in Amateur Radio:
- President Elect Donald Trump names two as part of his F.C.C. transition team.
- ARRL calls on members to press for US Senate passage of the Amateur Radio Parity Act.
- Efforts continue to strengthen the relationship between the Amateur Radio Auxiliary and the FCC.
- The Hamvention countdown continues with six months to go plans are proceeding at the new venue.
- The New ARRL Repeater Directory will be first to leverage crowd-sourcing technology.
- Indian radio amateurs report hearing more mysterious signals.
- Parts and pieces of the old Hara Arena are going up on the auction block.
- IARU Region One monitoring service reports a success.
- The QCWA and RCA (Radio Club of America) sign a partnership agreement.
- The NCVEC Question Pool Committee seeks comments on the new technician question pool.
- An amazing night is reported for special activities that took place on 630 meters.
- The FCC approves new emergency alert system event codes for 2017 hurricane season.
- Hytera enters the North American amateur market with digital radios via GigaParts.
- China is now home to the world’s largest radio telescope.
And these weekly features:
- Bruce Paige, KK5DO, with the latest amateur satellite news
- Leo Laporte, W6TWT discusses Facebook fake news, cell phones
- Onno Benschop, VK6FLAB discusses DTMF and its purpose in ham radio
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY, discusses Amateur Radio Fallen Flags
- Plus a whole lot more!!!
Running Time: 1:11:39
Visit us on the web:
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss